By providing Personally Identifiable Information to the Organization, you acknowledge that we may use and disclose such information in accordance with this Policy. If you object or do not consent to our use and disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with this Policy, please do not provide Personally Identifiable Information to the Organization or use the Site. The Organization reserves the right to revise this policy without prior notice. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon our posting of the revised Policy on the Site. Your use of the Site following such changes means that you accept the revised Policy.
· What Types of Information Does the Organization Collect From Me? The Organization gathers or may gather three basic types of information from you: Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”), “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII”) and “IP Addresses.” Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies you as an individual. Non- Personally Identifiable Information is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity. An IP Address is the Internet Protocol address of the computer that you are using.
· Personally Identifiable Information. You do not have to provide PII to use the Site. However, in order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Site (for example, to sign up for a newsletter, or to view certain areas of the Site), we may require that you furnish PII. We and our service providers may collect PII from you, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number or other payment account number, only when you voluntarily provide it to us.
· IP Addresses. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically by a cookie that collects anonymous traffic data and in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s), the page(s) that you visited and how many times you visit the Site. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
IF YOU SUBMIT ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OR ANY HEALTH- RELATED INFORMATION RELATING TO ANYONE ELSE OTHER THAN YOURSELF TO THE ORGANIZATION, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE PROVIDED ANY NECESSARY NOTICES AND OBTAINED ANY NECESSARY CONSENTS.
· How Does the Organization Use Information Collected From Me?
· Personally Identifiable Information. We may use PII about you in the following ways:
· Fulfillment of Requests. The Organization may use PII about you to respond to your requests such as to send newsletters to you or to process your donations. We may also use PII combined with health- related information about you and others to fulfill such requests, for example, if you tell us that you or a loved one have been diagnosed with a particular brain disorder,
· Receipts and Thank You Notes to Donors. The Organization may use PII about you to send automatically generated receipts and thank you notes to you if you donate.
· Administrative Communications. From time to time, we may use PII about you to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to your use of the Site, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
· Other Communications. From time to time, the Organization and/or its affiliates (collectively, the “Affiliated Entities”) may use PII about you to inform you of products, programs and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you would prefer that we do not send such messages to you, please see the “Opt-Out” section below.
· E-mail and Private Messages to Friends. We may provide functionality to permit you to send messages regarding Site-related content to a friend through the Site. If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide us with, and we may use, your friend’s e-mail address so that we can facilitate your sending of such message to your friend.
· Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non-PII (which does not personally identify you) with third parties, for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any Non- PII with PII, the combined information will be treated by us as PII hereunder as long as it is so combined.
· How Is Personally Identifiable Information Disclosed?
· Affiliated Entities. We may share PII with the Affiliated Entities so that they may use such PII to send you information regarding products, programs and services. The Organization is the party responsible for the management of PII that is jointly used by the Organization and the Affiliated Entities. The Organization will never rent or sell information to Affiliated Entities for commercial purposes. If you would prefer that we do not share your information with Affiliated Entities, please see the “Opt-Out” section below.
· Third Party Service Providers. We work with third parties who provide services including, but not limited to, data analysis, web hosting, IT services, accounting, payment processing and other services of an administrative nature. We reserve the right to share PII about you with such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide these services. The Organization will never rent or sell information to Third Party Service Providers for commercial purposes.
· E-mails to Friends. Please note that any PII you provide in connection with sending messages regarding Site-related content to a friend through the Site, such as your name and your e-mail address, will, of course, be disclosed to your friend.
· Information Posted by Visitors. The Organization may make available through the Site services (for example forums, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you disclose through those services or otherwise on the Site becomes public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose PII about you, or any other information, on the Site. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY USE OF ANY PII, OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION, YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SITE.
· Assignment. We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to an Affiliated Entity or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of the Organization’s business, assets or stock (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices.
· Note Regarding HIPAA: You understand and acknowledge that the Organization is not a covered entity within the meaning of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its related regulations set forth in Parts 160, 162, and 164 of Title 45 of the Code of Federal Regulations (collectively, “HIPAA”) and is not acting on behalf of a covered entity in its capacity as the host of the Site and that any information you submit to the Organization through or in connection with the Site that would otherwise be regarded as protected health information for purposes of HIPAA will not be subject to the limitations on the use and disclosure of such information by covered entities under HIPAA.
· Note Regarding the Use of the Site by Children: The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personally Identifiable Information through the Site.
· Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is controlled and operated by the Organization from the United States, and is not intended to subject the Organization to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. The Organization does not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
· Security. We seek to have within the Organization security measures and tools, such as firewalls, in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the Section “Contacting Us” below (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
· Opt-Out. If you do not wish to receive newsletters, e-mails or information from us regarding fundraising and other programs and services, or if you would prefer that we do not share PII about you on a going-forward basis with Affiliated Entities and/or with third parties, you may opt-out of receiving such e-mails by clicking “Unsubscribe” in the footer of any email we send, or by contacting us via e-mail at email@example.com or through our Contact page in the Site. Please specify clearly which of the following choices you are opting out of:
· Receiving newsletters, emails or other information from the Organization, or Allowing the Organization to share PII about you with the Affiliated Entities.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove PII about you from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared PII about you (e.g., third party service providers to whom we have already provided PII about you as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). If you wish to cease receiving e-mails from third parties, please contact the third parties directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or e-mails to you.
Changing or Removing PII About You. If you would like to correct, update or remove PII that you have previously provided to us through the Site, you may do so by contacting us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed therefrom. We also reserve the right, from time to time, to re-contact former users of the Site. Finally, we are not responsible for removing information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared PII about you.
Contacting Us. If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us by email at email@example.com or through the Contact tab in the Site. Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us.